Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Weather, Hunting, and Chili.....

Since my last post, we have been busy as a family, and have been enjoying this Fall that came to us practically overnight. The Fall weather came fast, and we have been blessed with some really amazing days. Yes, of course, there has been rain and wind as well.....but, there have also been plenty of beautiful days filled with sunshine and cooler temperatures, along with changing colors of foliage that just make everything so beautiful. Fo me, getting out and riding my bike during this time of year is a real treat...cooler temps, the colors, the smell of people burning leaves and burn piles, seeing the farmers all fast at harvest..... it is awesome, and I love it. :-)

We took a little trip over to Republic, WA for deer hunting for a week recently. We had a most wonderful time...the camping part was excellent! The weather was about perfect! The deer hunting was NOT successful. We worked hard for a full five days, and only saw about 15 does total. This was Evan's very first time as a hunter, and so he was a bit bummed. I didn't expext that he would get to necessarily shoot his first deer on his very first hutning trip, but I sure did expect that he would have at least had the opportunity to see a bunch of deer, and at least one or two bucks. It just didn't happen. As I said, the camping part of the trip was great, and all of us had a really great time.

Now that we are back home again, we are frantically busy this week with trying to clean out and celan up and organize the shop, so we can get set up for our 4th annual LBF chili cook-off and pumpkin carving contest!!! The shop is an absolute disaster area right now, and I figure these next couple of days are going to take all I have got to get it in shape and ready for Friday night.

In addition to that, I have to find time to get to the store for shopping, and time to make my award winning chili for the contest!!! :-)

So, I am finishing up my shift here at work this morning, and then heading home to get started on cleaning the shop.

Friday night...... CHILI, FRIENDS, PUMPKINS!!! :-)

0 comments: