Thursday, January 21, 2010

Speaking of new kitties.........

So, we finally decided to get the kid's the inside cat they have wanted for awhile. Gordon and I have never been cat people. We have always loved our dogs. The two farm cats we have outside have proven to be the best cats ever. We just love them. They like to come in at night and snuggle on the dryer and sleep the night away, then go back outside for the day. Our new kitty is a hoot! If you walk by him, he swats at you and tries to get you to play. The minute you sit down anywhere, he is in your lap wanting some attention. He also likes to sit as close to the keyboard as possible when we are on the computer. He is a lot of fun.

But then.....Gordon came home from work the other morning and asked me why there was a kitten in the puppy kennel with the pups. I didn't know there was, so I went out for a look. Sure enough, there is a kitten that is hanging out with the puppies, cuddling up with them, playing with them. It won't let us get anywhere close to it. It hisses and then runs, but continues to stay in the general area of the puppy pen. So, I guess for now, we have a ferrel kitty that came out of nowhere that is hanging out for awhile. Who knows, maybe it will be a nice kitty and become a farm cat also.
NO, we are not changing into kitty people. We will ALWAYS be dog people, but we have room in our lives for a couple of cute cats!!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

My goodness, what a beautiful cat! I just want to scoop it up and love on it a bit, just without the whole feral scratching-my-eyes-out part...

Tracie said...

it seems to be an orphan. It is really cute, especially since it has gotten food in its tummy. I have been calling if Ferris (feral). Weird I know, but I am hoping to get it to trust me enough to find out if it is a boy or girl and make sure it is ok.

Stephana said...

I love how in the 2nd pic the puppie looks like it is jumping up in front of the camera to get in the shot!!