Friday, January 2, 2009

That kind of day

Do you ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong? I seriously thought I would be starting out 2009 in great style. I would get the house cleaned up from Christmas, start working on cleaning up my office/craft room, get all the laundry done, maybe even be adventurous enough to organize my kitchen cupboards.

Yeah, right!!!

I started off my morning taking care of animals. Since it snowed again last night, I made sure the animals all had a sufficient amount of water. I drug two 5 gallon buckets worth of water to the pigs. As I turned around to set the bucket down, two of the pigs fought over the water bucket and knocked it over. All righty then! More water coming up! (I can't wait for butcher day.) Then I labored thru giving the cows hay and cleaning up all the hay on the ground just to have Buttercup toss her head and knock a whole bunch of hay back onto the ground. All righty then! More hay cleanup! The goats were good. Thanks goats! As I walked out of the barn to go to the chicken coup, I noticed water all around the ground by the big yard hydrant that waters the cows. It didn't look right, so I turned off the water. That means hauling more water to the cows also. All righty then! The chickens had no food, no water and barely any shavings in their nesting boxes, plus 26 eggs already laid for the morning. I fed, watered and collected eggs and then gave them more shavings in their nests. I turned around to put the shavings away and heard a scratching noise. I turned around and one of the chickens was up in a nesting box trying to get comfortable to lay an egg and was throwing shavings all over the place. All righty then! No more shavings for you today!

Do you think I am done yet? Nooooooo. I come into the house and one of the dogs had pooped on the laundry room floor. I got tissue to clean it up and bent over to pick it up. As I was bent over I heard a noise. I looked upside down between my legs and see Puma, the little dog, peeing on the floor not even 2 feet from me! All righty then! Cleaning up pee!

Since then I have been cleaning up the house. Every time I turn around the kids have another mess! I think I give up. I'm going to go watch a movie with the kids and veg for awhile.
CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!

5 comments:

Tiff said...

I am sorry you are having a bad day. Maybe you ae getting all of your bad 2009 mojo out of the way, and it is going to be a stellar year! Have a better night, OK?
Love You!

Snow Mommy said...

Life on a farm, fun stuff, glad it's not me anymore!

Erin said...

Okay, if we're ranking bad days... today I got rear-ended, paid $135 to get John's truck towed out of the snow, then came home instead of work because Sara had a 103 degree temperature. Wanna trade? :)

Tracie said...

That is some goos stuff, sweetheart. I love you, and thank you for working hard while I'm away. Sorry for the way it worked out, but thanks for sharing so I could enjoy some good visuals, and soe good laughs as well. :-)


G

Brad Neitling said...

I woke up and realized that had to go back to Chicago and back to work. I would rather be back on Little Bearfoot farm. But All right then, back to work it is.

Brad