Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Busy life

I can't believe that it has been almost a week since I last blogged. Life has been busy and hectic and it has been hard to sit down at the computer and update everyone, so I will try to fill you in on my weekend without getting to wordy.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. Even though we didn't do our big meal until Friday because Gordon was working, we had a family day at Chris & Tim's house and spent the day preparing for Friday. Of course, that pretty much consisted of eating, snacking, and tasting everything. Chris, Sherri and I went to Bromley's Market at about 3pm or so to figure out what to do for dinner. The people working there must have thought we were all a little strange. We had on sweats and slippers and were discussing what to have for dinner. (mind you, it was Thanksgiving day). Needless to say, it was fun.
Friday we had our big dinner with turkey, mashed taters, sweet potatoes and all the other good stuff. It was a fun, relaxing day filled with eating and more eating!!
Saturday we all took off and went up to Langley BC to the Colossus movie theater. If you have never been up there, it is worth a drive. The theater is in the shape of a space ship. It is pretty cool. They also have an IMAX theater there. Grandma, Grandpa, myself and the four teenage girls went to see Twilight, while Gordon, Chris, Tim, Evan, Sierra and Carson went to see Bolt. I really wanted to see Bolt also, but the girls wanted me to see Twilight. It was actually a great movie. After that we went to Montana's for dinner. Another great place in Canada.
On Sunday, some of us went to church, Gordon went to work and some of us layed around being lazy. Everyone came to our house for lunch and goofing around, then we all went to Chris & Tim's for turkey left-overs for dinner.
Monday was school for my kids, shopping at Walmart for everyone else. Dinner at El Nopals in Sumas and then to the Sumas Park for the arrival of Santa Claus. It was cold and wet, but we had fun.
Tuesday, Grandma, Grandpa, Sherri and girls all left and we ended our day with ballet and basketball. Whew! I told you it was a busy weekend with lots and lots of eating. Now hopefully I will get back to my normal routine!!