Thursday, April 16, 2009

My "hummers"

Every year about this time, we get excited for Spring. One of the first things I do is hang my hummingbird feeders out. When I start to see my "hummers", I know spring is on the way! So far this year, we have way more hummers than normal. It is so therapeutic to me to have them flitting about and making their unique songs when they fly around. I love to go out to refill their food and have them "buzz" me. It is awesome!! The other evening, we were getting ready to put the kids to bed and we looked outside to see 10 or more on each feeder. The picture doesn't do them justice. They were all over the place. It was really great to just stop what we were doing and stand and watch them for awhile. Then, this morning I was washing dishes and looked out the window to find this cutie sitting on the deck rail waiting her turn for a drink. I also caught this one sitting a taking a rest while getting a long drink of sugar water. Spring is here and so are my "hummers".Yes!!!!! Dancing





0 comments: